Saturday, February 23, 2008

HELP! I NEED SOME ASPIRIN (1965)


OK, not everything in 1965 was great. This clip from "Hullabaloo" shows us American family entertainment in all it's plastic mid-60s glory. Thank God a revolution was waiting in the wings. Here is possibly the worst rendition of a Beatles song ever, performed by Jerry Lewis and his son Gary (remember "This Diamond Ring"? remember nepotism?). See if you can endure their jaunty little version of "Help!"
I'm not a religious man, but if there is a hell I'm sure these guys will be singing in the lounge.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

awesome!

Bob Rini said...

Isn't that weird? I can picture Jerry telling his son, "Gary, I have some connections, and I think you should really cash in on this Beatlemania crap. Now get busy!"

I also love the finger-snapping.