Sunday, August 10, 2008

BLUE HAWAII


I read the news today, oh boy. Shaft singer Isaac Hayes died, funny man Bernie Mac died, too, a tourist at the Olympics was stabbed, and John Edwards had to put his political aspirations back in his pants.

Damn! Times like these, we all think of getting away. It's summertime, vacation time--even tireless workaholic Barack Obama went to Hawaii. What's that smell? Luau pork? No, that's a billion fat tourists baking in the sun. I've never had the desire to go to Hawaii, but I can see the attraction of finding a remote island and leaving this mad world behind. I'd prefer an island all to myself, but that's me. If you want to join the unimaginative hordes, this vintage cartoon travelogue might help you plan your trip to Blue Hawaii.

Where's my sunblock? Where's my damn pina colada?

No comments: