Friday, October 17, 2008

HAVE A NICE WEEKEND, VAMPIRE


Hey, it's been a hell of a week but the weekend is finally here and just to show you I'm not just some boring doctrinaire politico with an axe to grind (and even if I am) here's a nice little pop song to make you tap your feet and feel good inside. Sure, you can fight against it--the Tinkertoy organ, the pseudo-highlife rhythm, the strained vocals--but if you can loosen up and quit being a wet blanket, a buzzkill, and a playa hater you might actually enjoy this. Or go ahead and be a stick in the mud. Suit yourself. See if I care.

vampire weekend

You had me fooled! You tricked me. You got it now. A glass of brunello and a back rub wouldn't hurt, either...but this music is a great place to start and the words are clever, especially if you spend an inordinate amount of time reading and writing. Can you make them out? ("I've seen those English dramas, too...") Do you give a toss about an Oxford Comma?

(The Oxford Comma referred to in the song is the optional comma used before the word "and" at the end of a series; for example, in this sentence -- "Like the absinthe, the harlot was herbaceous, louche, and faintly green in the gaslight" --the comma after "louche" is an Oxford Comma, sometimes called a Harvard Comma, or a serial comma.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I saw them live in Providence and they kicked ass.

Bob Rini said...

I bet that was a great show. I've been playing their album a lot here at the bunker.