Tuesday, January 13, 2009

GET READY FOR THE INAUGURATION


If you're like me, you're checking your mailbox every day for an invitation to the inauguration. This inauguration will be historic. I've been shopping for the right clothes. Believe it or not, I don't own a suit, but I have some nice jackets and ties, and I can probably pull something together. I'd hate to find myself doing jello shooters with Barack and Michelle and suddenly realize I'm dressed like an extra from "Rent." Actually, they probably wouldn't mind. They seem cool. Not like the last bunch. I just hope my invitation arrives in in time.

The President and First Lady: Those ballroom dance lessons came in handy.

Looking sharp: JFK and Jackie arrive at the Kennedy inauguration, 1960

Here's the Spin Magazine guide to inauguration concerts--from Springsteen to Jay-Z--HERE

No comments: