Saturday, May 17, 2008

SANTOGOLD INTROVERT EXCAVATOR


After singing for punk band, Stiffed, Brooklyn girl Santi White made a brilliant album as Santogold. She somehow combines Karen O and M.I.A., tribal, electro, and eighties dance music, and each track could come from a totally different album. This catchy cut makes me want to dance while it lambastes hipster art fakers on the Lower East Side, L.E.S. Artistes.

What I'm searching for
to tell it straight, I'm trying to build a wall
Walking by myself
down avenues that reek of time to kill
If you see me keep going
be a pass by waver
Build me up, bring me down
just leave me out you name dropper
Stop trying to catch my eye
I see you good you forced faker
Just make it easy
You're my enemy you fast talker

I can say I hope it will be worth what I give up
If I could stand up mean for the things that I believe

No comments: